- 1) Payment and Sales Tax Policies
- 2) Shipping and Handling
- 3) Standard Shipping Methods
- 4) Business Day Defined
- 5) Must-Have-By Dates
- 6) Batch Badging™ Shipping
- 7) Prepaid Badging™ Shipping
- 8) PressCards™ and Custom Holders Shipping
- 9) ID Fulfillment Issuance
- 10) Quantity Discount Breaks
- 11) Over/Under Runs and Exact Quantity Shipments
- 12) Returns and Refunds
- 13) Changes and Cancellations - Custom Printed
- 14) Data Security and Retention
- 15) Common Order Rejections Causes
- 16) General Terms and Conditions
- Credit Card Processing:
- CUSTOMER must provide credit card information in order to complete payment before any order described in a Confirming Sales Order is processed by the COMPANY. Credit card information may be supplied during COMPANY”s online shopping cart checkout or a secured COMPANY embedded payment link within a provided email or by phone.
- Upon placement of website credit card orders, a hold in the amount of the total order is placed on the credit card provided, and the payment is finally processed upon shipping.
- Upon using COMPANY provided gateway hyperlink, a $.01 charge is run and then credited back on the card number provided.
- Upon CUSTOMER order approval for PRODUCT, any applicable CUSTOMER deposit payment is run by the COMPANY immediately once processed.
- If the final amount due is more than the amount held or approved (due to changes in the order or for other reasons), the increase must be authorized before shipping of any order is completed.
- Payment by Check:
- CUSTOMER shall mail check(s) to the COMPANY’s address stated on the Invoice; or Confirming Sales Order for upfront deposit payments.
- If the CUSTOMER requests payment on an invoice with extended payment terms using a credit card, and the invoice is dated 10 business days or more prior to the request, a 4% service charge will be added.
- Electronic Payments:
- The COMPANY will accept Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT) payment for initial CUSTOMER orders over $500, and for any subsequent orders regardless of amount.
- Purchase Orders:
- The COMPANY accepts payment by issuance of a purchase order (“PO”); provided that, use of POs is approved in advance by the COMPANY and that no terms set forth in any PO that is contrary to or that in any way conflict with any of the terms set forth in a Proposal, Confirming Sale Order, Invoice or COMPANY General Terms and Conditions shall apply, and any such contrary or conflicting terms shall be considered void and inapplicable to the subject transaction; with the exception of COMPANY approved terms within signed contracts.
- The CUSTOMER'S account payable contact information must be provided, including name, email and phone number, and the contact must be a finance department individual responsible for accounts payable.
- Prepayments and Underpayments:
- Any prepayment amounts remaining after order completion will be retained as a credit against future orders by the CUSTOMER. The COMPANY will not provide any refunds of such amounts.
- COMPANY will invoice any amounts payable that exceed the amount that was prepaid, and payment shall be due upon receipt of such Invoice, and until payment in full, COMPANY will place a hold on any current and future orders requiring either payment in full of the outstanding amount or prepayment of the current order before processing and shipment.
- Prepaid Badging™, Batch Badging™, and Custom Printed Products Payments:
- For all Prepaid Badging™ orders, payment must be processed before any work on the order is started; unless extended terms are provided in the Invoice.
- For all Batch Badging™ and other custom-printed items are invoiced by the actual number shipped based on the applicable “Quantity Discount Break” price.
- For all custom printed PressCards, reference our and “Over/Under Runs and Exact Quantity Shipment” policies.
- Sales Taxes:
- Sales Tax Nexus: According to United States sales tax nexus laws established June 21, 2018, eXpress badging, the selling COMPANY, is required to charge sales tax on orders with a ship-to address containing a state in which COMPANY remits sales tax. The sales tax, if applicable, will show on CUSTOMER’S sales order and final invoice. It may show on the initial proposal depending on the information provided by the customer during the sales qualification process..
- Exemption: CUSTOMERS that are tax-exempt due to non-profit status or reselling as an eXpress badging dealer, and located in a state in which COMPANY has nexus, will be required to provide an active Sales Tax Exempt form to COMPANY if they wish not to pay sales tax. Once received, the sales tax will be voided on all future orders. The CUSTOMER will be required to send a renewed Sales Tax Exemption form to COMPANY upon expiry. If a renewal is not received, COMPANY will charge sales tax on all orders after the expiry date in any states COMPANY remits sales tax
- Drop Shipping: Sales tax will be collected based on COMPANY’s filing status of each state. However, when a CUSTOMER places an order that requires drop shipping from a COMPANY vendor that is in the same state as the CUSTOMER, sales tax will be passed to the customer regardless if COMPANY files sales tax in the delivery state or not, and the CUSTOMER has not provided eXpress badging with a Sales Tax Exemption Form. If CUSTOMER provided their tax exemption certificate to COMPANY, it will be provided to the COMPANY’s vendor to be kept on file by the vendor.
- Any costs of COMPANY relating to packaging, transportation, and insurance shall be charged to CUSTOMER unless otherwise stated differently in an Invoice.
- All Products are shipped “FOB ORIGIN - PREPAID AND ADD”: Accordingly, title and risk of loss of all Products shipped under this Agreement shall pass to the CUSTOMER once such Products are picked up for delivery by the carrier at the COMPANY facility, or facility of shipping origin if being drop shipped. The COMPANY will assist in the recovery of Products lost or damaged in transit, but will not re-ship any duplicate Products, except if additional associated fees are paid therefor. The COMPANY will work with the CUSTOMER to duplicate, produce, and ship the same order a second time in such cases.
- CUSTOMER must request shipping insurance coverage and amounts. Otherwise, no shipping insurance is provided.
The COMPANY uses UPS Standard Ground for larger Product shipments, and USPS Mail Priority First Class for smaller shipments as default shipping methods; unless otherwise requested by the CUSTOMER.
- Prepaid Terms’ CUSTOMERS: Flat rate shipping costs are provided for payment with your order.
- Extended Terms’ CUSTOMERS: Shipping costs are “Prepaid and Added to Invoice”
- FOB Defined: Pursuant to 48 CFR 2.101 (Title 48, Federal Acquisition Regulations System; Chapter 1, Federal Acquisition Regulation; Subchapter A, General; Part 2, Definitions of Words and Terms; Subpart 2.1, Definitions), "f.o.b. origin" means “free on board at origin; i.e., the seller or consignor places the goods on the conveyance. Unless the contract provides otherwise, the buyer or consignee is responsible for the cost of shipping and risk of loss.”
eXpress badging works off business days and defines the first business day or "Day 1" as any business day before 2:01 pm US Eastern Standard Time. If an order is received after 2:00 pm EST, then the following business day is DAY 1. Example: photos and data are uploaded for printing at 3:00 pm EST on Friday, then DAY 1 is Monday, and your badge order will ship on either Tuesday or Wednesday depending on daily queued production volume. If you have a "must have by date," it is very important to communicate the date during the initial engagement stage.
- Proofs: Once all artwork files are received, Proofs are provided on Day 2 or Day 3
- Test Cards: Once all cards specifications are received, Proofs are provided on Day 2 or Day 3
- Printing/Shipping: Batch Badging™, Prepaid Badging™, QuickCards™, and eXpressPROX™ orders typically ship on DAY 2 and DAY 3; after proof and testing signed approval, and all data and photos are received.
- Name Brand RFID Stock: eXpress badging drop ships HID, AptiQ, and other manufacturer's stock ranging from 5 to 20 business days after receipt of order.
- Stock Badge Holders: eXpress badging drop ships stock badge holders (strap clips, lanyards, reels, holders...) ranging from 2 to 5 business days after receipt of order.
- Hardware, Software, and Supplies: eXpress badging drop ships hardware (printers, laminators, slot punches, backdrops, digital cameras...), Software (made available by download links and license keys), and supplies (printer ribbons, films, laminates, cleaning supplies...) ranging from 2 to 5 business days after receipt of order.
- < strong>Custom Printed PVC Card Stock and Badge Holders: eXpress badging drop ships custom printed Press Cards™ (factory off-set printed stock) and customer printed badge holders with 10 to 15 business days after CUSTOMER proof/testing approval.
Regardless if a COMPANY published or provided schedule-of-shipment falls within a needed timeframe or not; if CUSTOMER has a product in-hand target date, the CUSTOMER must provide such a date upon placement of the order. COMPANY will provide confirmation in writing (email, proposal or sales order) stating delivery must-have-by date(s) acknowledgment and acceptance. Without written confirmation from an authorized COMPANY representative, any must-have-by date(s) will not be guaranteed. Also, any expedited shipping required to meet stated must-have-by date(s), will be charged to the customer, unless otherwise noted within the confirming sales order.
Batch Badging™ is designed for re-badge and initial ID badge issuance projects. It can also be used for those who do not require ID badges on a regular basis and desire a "pay as you go" model.
It is important to first determine any "must have by" dates and the shipping methods required to meeting them. If your Batch Badging™ project requires drop-shipments to multiple locations, make sure that your order includes our "Sort, Bundle, Pack and Ship" line item. You will have to provide all shipping addresses in advance. We will invoice shipping as stated in your confirming order.
- Shipping is not included, see the shipping line item on your proposal, or cart, for terms and details
- Most orders ship on DAY 2 or DAY 3 after proof approval and assuming all data and photos are also provided and ready
Prepaid Badging for ongoing and outsourced ID badge issuance. Buy photo ID badge credits and order whenever needed until your credits are used up.
Choose our Prepaid Badging™ option if you want an "ongoing outsourced" photo identification service. Prepaid Badging™ is the perfect choice for those who do not want to purchase and manage an ID badging system! Prepaid Badging™ is eXpress badging's premier on-demand photo ID badge service where ID badges are printed, personalized and mailed on an as-needed basis. No specialized ID card software or printers required.
- Shipping included.
- Most orders ship on Day 2 or Day 3 after proof approval.
- You can order one badge or many.
- USPS First Class Postage is our standard shipping method: estimate in-hand within 3 to 8 business days based on location
- USPS First Priority Mail with tracking is available with an upgrade
- Prepaid Badging™ Day 4 Ship Guarantee!
- Most orders ship on DAY 2.
- If for any reason, your is shipped on DAY 5 or more, then we do not use your badge credits up to a value of $100 to keep us on our toes.
- Scheduled holidays, national disasters, and states of emergency do not count as business days when applicable.
ID Fulfillment Issuance is designed using either of our Batch Badging™ or Prepaid Badging™ billing processes with one variation; we ship one ID card to one address for all records submitted. This program is designed for customers who need the photo ID badge mailed directly to the individual's address. Popular programs include membership ID cards, remote employee ID badges, online student badges, vendor badges, and many others. Programs start at 10 or more and will vary in price based on fulfillment options selected:
- Custom Printing ID Card Services
- Slotting of ID badge if required
- Technology encoding and testing if required
- Quality Control Review of print quality and data/photo merge integrity
- Affixed ID card to carrier/letter (custom or generic) and folded if required
- Matched, stuffed and sealed in and addressed #10 envelope
- USPS First Priority Mail
- 3 Day Ship Guarantee! Most orders ship the next day received.
- A web-based account is provided to submit orders and monitor production status
- Acquire photos using the Veonics Portal CELLfie™ feature within your cloud based-badging account
- Data and photo integration services available to automate account record population
Many items have quantity breaks for discounting. If your actual quantity shipped goes below the quantity break ordered, COMPANY will charge the lesser; extended price factoring in the lesser quantity break range price, or the cost of the higher quantity break price at the minimum quantity value.
- Example: The Customer orders 100 Batch Batching™ badges at $5.00/ea, and eXpress badging ships CUSTOMERS request of 85 badges, which falls under the 50 - 99 pricing tier of $6.00/ea, or $510, the Customer is only charged or $5.00 x 100 = $500.00. If the quantity shipped was 60, then the amount due is $360, or 60 X $6.00; not $300 or 60 x $5.00 (prices are examples only.) This rule applies to any custom printed product to include but not limited to: personalized ID badges, card/badge stock, badge lanyards, badge reels, or any other product where the printing of a logo or tagline is applied.
Some custom printed products (PVC and Teslin cardstock, badge holders...) have over/under run manufacturing/printing conditional terms stated in COMPANY issued Proposals and Confirming Sales Orders and will be invoiced accordingly. Also, if an exact quantity shipment is required, all customers must state this term upon price request as additional costs will be required and clearly stated in COMPANY Proposals and Confirming Sales Orders. CUSTTOMER confirming PO (if applicable) must clearly state acceptance of this term.
- Example: The Customer orders 1000 custom printed PVC cardstock for their badge printer, and if the COMPANY-factory ships 915, which falls within the 10% over/under terms, then the customer will be invoiced for 910 badges at the unit prices stated on the confirming sales order, and the order is considered complete. If 1065 are produced the surplus is shipped and invoiced at the published unit price.
- Any remaining or unused Prepaid Badging™ credit/backlog is non-refundable.
- Prepaid Badging™ badge credits never expire for active eXpress badging accounts.
- Inactive customers are notified after one year of no badge requests.
- If there is no response from the customer, the backorder will be canceled within 30 days of previous notification.
- There will be a 15% restocking charge to customers for non-custom items, in addition to all incurred shipping charges, and customer covers return shipping cost. customers must notify eXpress badging in writing with the reason for returning within 20 business days of ship date and must be provided a Return Authorization Number. Otherwise, payment is due in full per stated terms or no refunds will be credited.
- Customized items purchased from eXpress badging cannot be returned, and payment is due in full, or not credited, if: used, damaged or have exceeded 20 business days from ship date.
- Certain eXpress badging items cannot be returned for credit such as custom printed PVC or Teslin card media, RFID cards, custom printed lanyards, and holders, or any other custom ordered or printed product; unless incorrectly produced and found not to be at fault of customers.
- eXpress badging purchased hardware must be unused, in factory boxes, all shipping preparation packing must be in place, and must include all miscellaneous provided components. It must be new when returned!
- Software purchased from eXpress badging cannot be returned or credited after installation if the product seal is broken (if applicable), registration of license key has taken place, or it has exceeded 20 business days from ship date.
- All changes requested by customers are subject to written approval by eXpress badging and to reasonable changes in delivery or price as eXpress badging determines is necessitated thereby and the parties agree in writing.
- If work is in progress, customers are charged for all Goods made/performed as well as all non-refundable additional costs resulting from such changes.
- Cancellation Policy on Custom Card Products: Between one and four weeks, a charge of half the purchase price will be invoiced/due by customers. Full price will be invoiced/due by customers for any cancellation within one week of a confirmed ship date.
eXpress badging recommends only using personally identifiable information (PII) data that have low confidentiality impact levels for displayed use on a photo ID credential. Cardholder photos and data may periodically be deleted. It is not the responsibility of eXpress badging to retain this information regarding ongoing re-issuance and will be deleted at eXpress badging's discretion. It is the customer's responsibility to retain a backup of all badge data if ever needed for future use.
Data, photos, and badge design Security Policy. eXpress badging uses a secured process to exchange customer-provided PII and photos. eXpress badging uses several identity management models regarding storage of customer PII: eXpress badging may store customer-provided databases and images as well as use identification management system application tools that are stored on our servers which are protected by state of the art cyber protection and firewalls. eXpress badging provides access to customer's badge information by authorized eXpress badging personnel only. eXpress badging will never make public, nor sell, any customers data, photos, or badge designs.
eXpress badging's Veonics Portal™, a cloud-based resource, utilizes "HTTPS" protocols, encryption at rest AWS servers, and only allows access for authorized customers and eXpress badging users with assigned user rights, valid username, and password. All Veonics Portal™ users are required to approve the Veonics Portal's™ ULA (user license agreement) per Veonics Portal™ terms upon initial sign-in and upon ULA periodic updates.
Regarding customer's information that is deemed to be PII sensitive, and eXpress badging's management thereof:
- eXpress badging is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged customers ID cards or badges that contain such data.
- All of the customer's PII data files must be encrypted prior to submission or non-encrypted files uploaded to our ShareFile or Veonics Portal™ site.
- eXpress badging will not retain any high-risk personally identifiable information (PII) after a print job.
- Upon customers written request, eXpress badging will promptly destroy/delete all customers PII and will certify in writing that it has destroyed all copies of such materials within ten (10) days of written acceptance of notification.
- If a customers badge print job does not require any high-risk PII data, and high-risk PII data is supplied by customers with other badge-relevant data, eXpress badging will delete all high-risk PII data prior to import or when saved to local computer hard-drive.
eXpress badging has published procedures for all customers who submit badge print requests. Customer personnel that do not follow eXpress badging's stated procedures are subject to rejection. eXpress badging rejected orders may affect any confirmed "must have by" date, potentially causing delays.
Veonics Portal™ Rejections Causes:
- Photos and/or Data not approved in the Veonics Portal™
- Veonics Portal™ approved records missing photos