ID System Support ProceduresIN NEED OF TECHNICAL SUPPORT NOW CALL: 800-909-8602
Customer ID System Support Guide
eXpress badging is an authorized dealer for all ID product lines provided. As your first level of contact eXpress badging will expedite troubleshooting and repair issues. Most issues are resolved within the first call and those that are not will be processed in a professional and timely manner per terms of warranty and extended support agreements.
Call or email eXpress badging’s technical support when you are experiencing issues with your badge software or printer. Most issues are resolved quickly over the phone, or by remote into PC services, by our trained technicians; so we recommend contacting eXpress badging as soon as you encounter a problem to save time and aggravation. Often problems are caused due to an internal change, network issues or a power outage; so check with your IT department if there have been any recent changes to shared drives, network configuration, or user rights. Please try to contact eXpress badging when you are in front of the computer that hosts the badge system and has enough time. Once given a description of the problem, the support representative will likely request permission to do a remote in PC session to directly resolve the issue while you observe. If remote-in support is not available or allowed: eXpress badging will need to work with a user that is proficient at using a computer and is familiar with the badge software and printer. Here is a link to our Remote Into PC Terms and Conditions.
Badge Printer Issues:
For printer related calls please have your printer serial number, make and model ready. If the printer problem cannot be fixed by our support staff, an RMA for repair will be generated. If you are under a printer warranty, there will be no charge for repair parts, labor, and return from service center shipping.The customer is responsible for "shipping to", parts and labor costs for the printer repair. If you are not under a printer warranty but have an active eXpress Badging ESA for your badge system, you will receive a discounted rate for repair evaluation. If you do not have an eXpress Badging ESA you will pay full price for the repair evaluation and will be responsible for all associated costs. Printer repair costs are estimated at the time an estimate is provided, and if repairs costs do not exceed the estimate, the repair is completed, the printer is returned, and invoiced/payment applied. If repair costs exceed the estimated value, we require customer approval to proceed. If the printer repairs are denied, the printer evaluation charge is due in full, along with the return shipping costs of the non-repaired printer. If the printer is not to be returned, it will be immediately destroyed.
Printer Loaner Option (if applicable)
If the printer is covered by loaner program per warranty or extended support terms, a loaner printer will be sent per terms of the agreement while the repair is being performed. Our support team will remotely assist in setting up the loaner printer and will also remotely assist with setting up the repaired printer once it is returned. After set up and testing of the repaired printer eXpress Badging will provide directions for the return of the loaner printer.
- Most PVC badge printers come with a two-year warranty that covers parts, labor and return from factory shipping.
- Most PVC badge printers come with a loaner printer service during the first year.
- All printer warranty periods begin on the invoice date of the printer.
- The printer warranty and loaner can be extended. Please note that factory warranties cannot be extended if they are allowed to expire.
- Printhead warranties are very limited and typically expire after one year.
- eXpress badging offers extended parts and labor warranties (ESA) for certain printer models
- This ESA is not a manufacturer warranty
- Cover repair parts, labor, and shared shipping.
- If this warranty is purchased while the printer is covered under a manufacturer warranty, it will go into effect the day after the manufacturer warranty expires.
- If the printer is off of manufacturer warranty, the eXpress badging warranty will go into effect upon receipt of payment for the extended warranty.
- Hardware shipped outside of the 48 contiguous United States may have alternate warranty provisions as set forth by the manufacturer. Please consult the manufacturer’s documentation enclosed with your shipment.
- Very limited technical support will be provided to customers, not under a warranty or Extended Support Agreement (ESA). For further assistance, the purchase of an ESA will be required before any further support can be provided. For extended term customers, a purchase order must be issued or for prepaid customers, a credit card must be provided before support will continue.
eXpress badging Extended Support Agreement (ESA):
- Phone and email based technical support
- Web-based PC remote-in technical support
- Access to factory level support engineers
- Priority support response within 4 business hours
- Remote training is provided for new users
- Remote assistance in badge template creation and edits
- Remote assistance in moving the badge system to new computer hardware
- Expired warranty or ESA support requires the purchase of either full year ESA or a 30 day ESA.
IN NEED OF TECHNICAL SUPPORT NOW CALL: 800-909-8602